In Year 11, we expect Students to behave as role models to the younger Students in the Academy, to wear their uniform with pride and to show care and consideration towards everyone. In Form Time, Students study a variety of topics, including managing mental health, revision techniques, planning for transition to 6th Form, College or apprentiships and careers. Other topics include preparing for examinations, target setting and developing study skills as well as discussing current affairs.
In Year 11, individual progress is tracked and monitored on a weekly basis. This helps to ensure that all learners are making as much progress as possible. Students also have the opportunity to receive impartial careers advice offered by our Careers Advisor. Careers meetings and events are a central feature, enabling students to consider their future study and career plan, and setting achievable goals to work towards success
Study Hubs, Master Classes and individual Tuition programmes are tailored to the individual Student’s needs to ensure they achieve the best possible outcomes for themselves.
Coursework catch-up sessions are also offered for CNAT subjects after school.
The Year 11 Pastoral Leaders are:
Mr G De Kock – Progress Leader for Year 11 (email@example.com)
Miss L Browning - Deputy Head of Year 11 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Mr D Scallan - SLT Line Link for Year 11
Year 11 consists of 8 mixed-ability Form groups:
- 11K – Mr D Robertson (email@example.com)
- 11I – Miss H Harris (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 11N – Mrs P Clifford (email@example.com)
- 11G – Mrs K Geoghegan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 11S – Mrs T Evans (email@example.com)
- 11W – Miss A Grace (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 11O – Mr A Okono (email@example.com)
- 11D – Mr M Sam (firstname.lastname@example.org)