Skip to content ↓

Kingswood Secondary Academy

Ofsted Good

Mental Health Support

Schools and Colleges Early Support Service Self-referral form

The Schools & Colleges Early Support Service (SCESS) is a young people’s service. They provide support for young people aged 16-25 who are experiencing low to moderate difficulties such as anxiety and low mood. They offer 1:1 support of 6-8 sessions, remotely. 

Whilst their service is confidential, they work with a key adult in Kingswood. By completing this form you are agreeing to share your information with us and them.  

This key adult can support you in accessing the service remotely and will be their key contact for safeguarding purposes. For example, if you share that you are at risk of harm when receiving support from the service, or do not attend sessions without letting us know, they will need to share this with the key contact.  If you are aged 16 or 17, the service will also require your parent or carer details for safeguarding purposes. 

The Service is not suitable for all young people. They cannot provide support to young people who are already accessing support for their mental health from another service, or who are on the waiting list for an appointment with NHS Children and Young People's Mental Health Services. 

Anna Freud and Mind hold all information confidentially, including information relating to equity & diversity, such as ethnicity & gender. As part of the service evaluation, we may use some information anonymously to monitor and identify where we need to focus efforts to ensure we are reaching a representative audience. If you still wish to self refer, please complete the online self referral here:

One of their team will contact you within 5 working days to discuss next steps. 

The following services are open to all young people, 24 hours: 

Please note, these services are not an urgent or emergency service. If you feel you are at risk of harming yourself, please contact your GP, attend the nearest A&E department or call 999 as a matter of urgency.  

Call the NHS emergency number 111 if: 

  • You need medical help fast but it's not a 999 emergency  
  • You think you need to go to A&E or need another NHS urgent care service  
  • You don't know who to call or you don't have a GP to call  
  • You need health information or reassurance about what to do next 

For face to face drop in support, please find the available times below:

  • Ofsted
  • NOS
  • NOS 2
  • Career Mark
  • DofE
  • London Institute