Kingswood Student Enrichment Entitlement
At Kingswood Secondary Academy we focus not just on the academic progress of students but also those experiences which help with personal development. We call these Enrichment Experiences. We believe that these experiences are so important to the development of young people that we have created an Enrichment Entitlement Statement which commits us to making sure we offer a diverse range of different experiences to all students over their time at KSA. We believe that taking part in all these experiences will aid with personal development as well as academic progress.
- Climb a mountain.
- Visit an art gallery or Museum.
- Watch or take part in a live production or a play, musical or dramatic performance.
- Visit a local place of worship.
- Actively participate in a democratic process that affects decision-making.
- Visit a historic site.
- Visit a University.
- Compete in or spectate at a sporting event.
- Watch and discuss a film in another language.
- Visit another country or the capital city.
- Be an active member of a club or society.
- Learn First Aid.
- Participate in debate.
- Volunteer for their community
- Attend a residential trip or camping away from home.
- Undertake practical field work in an outdoor setting or location away from school.
- Be actively involved in the school community (e.g., mentor younger students, develop the physical environment, represent the school through student voice).
- Grow, prepare, cook, and eat their own food.
- Learn to play an instrument.