Kingswood Secondary Academy's expectation is that students attend school 100% of the time.
Where possible, family holidays should not be taken during term time. The Academy is not obliged to authorise any absences due to family holidays. Ten school days absence taken as a holiday in a year will reduce a student’s attendance to 95% immediately. Any further absence due to illness will bring the attendance down below the Academy target.
Parents have a responsibility for ensuring their child attends the Academy regularly and punctually. The Academy expects that all parents communicate with them, either in writing or by telephone, giving a reason:
1. In advance of any planned absence
2. Immediately following any unplanned absence
3. During any absence expected to last more than three days
Failure to comply with this requirement will mean that your child will have unauthorised absences on their attendance record, and this could lead to a referral to the Education Inclusion Partnership Team at North Northamptonshire Council.
Our Attendance Policy details the process that will be followed and expectations we have of students, families and ourselves to promote and support good Attendance.
Parents should contact the Academy, in confidence, whenever a problem occurs that may affect their child's attendance. Regular attendance means arriving on time for the start of the Academy day (by 8:30 for line-up). It is the parent's responsibility to ensure their child gets to the Academy on time.
Parents of students who are regularly late will be contacted so we can work together to rectify the situation. Where no improvement is made, the Education Inclusion Partnership Team will be informed.
POOR ATTENDANCE = POOR ATTAINMENT!
Some absences which are considered avoidable will be left unauthorised by the Academy. These include:
· Minor illness (i.e. seasonal coughs or colds)
· Looking after a sick relative
· Minding the house or waiting for workmen/deliveries etc
· Packing or getting ready for a holiday or trip or collecting relatives from the airport/station
· Being on holiday
· Looking after brothers and sisters, including dropping them off at the Academy or nursery
· Helping with housework or family business
· Being unhappy or not getting on with others at the Academy
For further information, please read our Attendance Policy by clicking the link below.
Our Attendance Officer is Miss M Symons and our Attendance Administrator is Mrs G Vizma. They can be reached at:
Miss Symons: Msymons@kingswoodsecondaryacademy.org
Mrs Vizma: Gvizma@kingswoodsecondaryacademy.org
Alternatively, they can be reached by calling the Academy (01536 741857)
- Option 1 for Years 7-11 Attendance
- Option 2 for 6th Form
Other Useful Links
· Children Missing Education (CME) - Statutory Guidance
· Working Together to Improve School Attendance
· Education Inclusion Partnerships Team