Year 11 Parent Information Evening
A Year 11 Parent Information Evening will take place on Tuesday 18 October 2016 at 6.00pm. The event will last approximately 1 hour and will cover various issues regarding how parents can provide support during this crucial point of their child's education.
Year 11 pupils have now reached an absolutely crucial point in their time at the Kingswood Secondary Academy. The work that they put in during the next few months will have a profound impact on the choices available to them in terms of staying on to Sixth Form, going to College, entering a training course or going into the world of employment. As part of our efforts to ensure pupils have the best possible preparation for these final examinations we would like to invite their parents to the above event.
The sorts of areas we will be covering with you include:
- An overview of key events and timelines throughout Year 11
- Direct parents/carers to subject specific guidance.
- Explain how we will be supporting pupils in Year 11.
- Identify how parents can support their child this year.
- Give an overview of the Sixth Form application process.
- Provide an opportunity for parents to share and discuss common issues.
- Give parents an opportunity to identify how the Academy could further support them and their child.
Due to anticipated numbers we are asking parents not to bring children, including Year 11s, with them. Pupils will of course be provided with relevant information in school. Please ring us on 01536 741857, to confirm if you are able to attend and to enable us to prepare appropriately in terms of seating etc. Thank you in anticipation for your support.
No comments have been left yet.