Academy Advisory Council (AAC)
Governance at the Kingswood Secondary Academy
Each Academy within the Greenwood Dale Foundation Trust has its own Advisory Council (AAC) that works closely with each Principal.
Each AAC is a small group and has staff, parent and community representation. It is not, however, the same as a traditional governing body as it has no legal responsibilities. These responsibilities are held by the GDFT Trust Board.
Each AAC meets formally at least termly and AAC members are encouraged to play an active part in the day to day life of the Academy .
This Kingswood Secondary Academy Advisory Council has three key roles in terms of the development and success of the Academy:
- To advise and act as a critical friend to the Principal of the Academy and to advise the Board of Trustees of the Greenwood Dale Foundation Trust about local issues they need to consider that affect the Academy.
- To represent the interests of the Academy community in the running of the community and to represent the Academy in its community.
- To provide support to the Principal in undertaking appropriate day to day procedures that are essential to the day to day life of the Academy, such as disciplinary and complaints procedures.
Membership of the Academy Advisory Council
The Kingswood Secondary Academy has established an Academy Advisory Council who will be moving to the new Terms of Reference shortly. The Council currently includes the following members from a range of backgrounds:
- Community members - John Hughes (Chair), Cari Campbell and Stacey Hill
- Parent members - Charmain Taylor and Shona Lomas
- Staff member - Ana Pereira
- Principal - Michelle Newman
- Trust Senior Secondary Education Adviser - Sarah Mills
Members of the Council can be contacted via the Academy.
Click to view the AAC Pecuniary Interests 2021
Please Click Here to view the Trust Governance Arrangements.